Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Preliminary Ideas

After I resolved to keep the project to answering the two main questions, I thought that it would be most interesting if it could be more than just a survey. I wanted the very act of answering the questions to be an act of choosing whether or not to go outside of your comfort zone. This I thought, would add legitimacy by giving the project some stakes, and draw participants to think a bit more about their responses when they put them down.  



Originally I had hoped to have concentric circles with the comfort zone being the outside and then exiting the comfort zone being the far inner zone. But then I thought that to simplify the process it would be good to just have too separate booths, much like voting booths.



First test, at the NYU Berlin dorm common room: "Kino Babelsberg"





These were some of the pictures that were cut out and placed in the bowl to signify a mixture of success and failure. Some of them were meant to be ironic, but still to get people thinking.


No comments:

Post a Comment