Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Academic Center Final Installation


I knew the biggest event would be when I had the installation in the academic center because that's the place where I could get the most traffic going by. The dorm run was mostly just a test. But this was the real deal, so I added these posters, which added a lot to it. (Artistic advisory from Clara Lu).


We put these up all over the Academic Center, which is a fairly small space, so the effect was almost overwhelming. It definitely had the desired effect, along with the second Facebook post and the word of mouth from the first test. Word of mouth was very important, but in the end it was just getting as many people to see it as possible that made the difference. 


But not only was it just getting people to see it, I also discovered that it was incredibly important that people have a very explicit explanation of what was going on. At first I had ideas that I would do this anonymously and be all sneaky about it and not really provide much by way of directions. But had I done that I doubt I would have gotten very many, if any responses. I think this above poster with the explanation made a big difference. 



No comments:

Post a Comment